Send an e-post card
Ready, set...REACH OUT!
Creativity is easy if you have the right tools. Incorporate one or all of the simple projects in the "Project Pack" into any of the opportunities below to get people of all ages thinking, creating, recycling, upcycling, and just making! These examples work anywhere - mentoring programs, the workplace, community meetings, classrooms, day camps, basically, wherever people are gathered!
- Throw a Make: viewing party! You can watch an episode, and even invite local Makers, artists, or inventors to lead a discussion about the show.
- Hold a "Meet-and-Greet" with a local Maker, such as an inventor, engineer, artist, or other creative community member who can demonstrate a project and inspire others.
- Delve deeper into the technology of Make: by inviting an engineer or other technology professional to explain the science behind a project in the Project Pack.
- Use the Project Pack to instruct and inspire participation in creative activities.
- Hold a Mini-Maker Faire by inviting appropriate community partner groups and individuals who may wish to showcase their projects during the event.
- Host a competition at work to see who can build the best project from the Project Pack!
Download the Project Pack (893K PDF)
The possibilities are endless - and don't forget, strong partnerships make for great outreach. Jumping onboard an existing community activity or inviting other organizations to join your initiative will only extend and excite your target audience. Download the complete Toolkit for more!
Download the Toolkit (865K PDF)