PBS KIDS on tpt Family Nights
PBS KIDS on tpt can enhance your community gathering or family event with:
1. PBS KIDS on tpt Playground: We bring the content and activities for the event. Your families will learn about PBS KIDS on tpt educational resources and how to access them, and then get to visit activity stations.
- Literacy (SUPER WHY!, Martha Speaks, WordGirl, The Electric Company)
- Math (Curious George, Cat in the Hat, Sid the Science Kid, The Electric Company)
- STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math- featuring SciGirls!
Activities (depending on equipment available, topic, and type of family night):
- Online games
- Mobile apps
- Hands-on activities
2. PBS Kids on tpt table/booth/station: We provide supplemental activities at your school’s themed family night (Math, Literacy, or STEM) such as:
Your organization provides:
- Location, meals/refreshments and support staff
- Computers (& tablets, if available)
- Screen / surface for projection
- Volunteers (including ELL staff when necessary– We will be developing more materials in various languages.)
- Summary information/evaluation - We will ask your families and a representative from your school / organization to fill out brief surveys about the experience. We will share results with you.
PBS KIDS on tpt provides:
- The presentation (we will bring our own LCD projector if you do not have one)
- Handouts for all participants
- Activities and related materials
- Staff to present and guide families through the activities
- Participant and site representative surveys
- A chance for families to sign up for our parent eNews and win a prize.
PBS KIDS on TPT Family Event Scheduling Process
Six-week advance request is required. Subject to availability.
1. Contact us to schedule a family event for your school by filling out the Family Event Request Form.
2. You will receive an email confirmation when your application is received.
3. Someone from our staff will contact you within 10 business days to notify you of our availability.
4. PBS KIDS on tpt and your organization have a planning discussion and agree to a plan of events for the family night.
5. You will receive an event plan summary and date confirmation via email (no later than 4 weeks prior to your event).